Love books? Volunteer to make more books available to everyone and share your passion.
Lambeth Libraries are campaigning to get 100 extra books recorded for visually impaired readers. Using the online LibriVox project we want you to join us in recording 100 public domain (out of copyright) books and making them available free for visually impaired readers and others around the world. You do not need any prior experience to volunteer for LibriVox, nor do you need to audition or send samples. You will need your voice, some free software, your computer and maybe an inexpensive microphone. Register with LibriVox and let us know you’re taking part via our Facebook page. Together we can make a difference for Lambeth citizens who love books as we do.
How it Works
Practically, here is how things work:
- a book coordinator posts a book in the New Projects Launch Pad Section.
- a meta coordinator claims the project and moves the thread to the appropriate forum.
- volunteers “claim” chapters to read.
- the readers record their chapters in digital format.
- the book coordinator collects all the files of all the chapters.
- the book coordinator sends the collected files to a meta coordinator.
- we check the files for technical problems in the Listeners Wanted section.
- the book coordinator sends the collected, corrected files to a meta coordinator.
- another public domain audiobook is made available for free.
For further information contact Tim O'Dell on to’email@example.com