Ruskin Readers are a voluntary organisation aiming to provide for adults with reading or writing difficulties, enabling them to take charge of their own lives.
- Volunteers receive support from the club supervisor and professional speakers in the field of adult literacy
- Volunteers work with an individual student, helping to develop
heir learning skills and confidence for one two-hour session each week
- Volunteers hold meetings about twice a year to discuss their students' progress and to exchange ideas and talk about future needs
- Students are welcomed into a friendly cluband are assigned thier own tutor to work with from week to week
- Students may set their own goals and targets for the basic skills they wish to develop and at their own pace
- Counselling, advice and support are available for both learning skills and for the students' lives outside the club
- Regular cultural outings are organised for all members. Local theatre and cinema are used as well as visits to museums and galleries
Well-attended sessions are run by Caroline Knapp.
|Address||Carnegie Library getting there |
188 Herne Hill Road
London SE24 0AG
|When||Every Monday, 6.30-8.30pm Add this event to your calendar|
Every Wednesday, 2:30pm-4:30pm Add this event to your calendar
|Library Resources||Books on the English Language in Lambeth Libraries|